Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My Working Experience at Rawang

Approximately 2 months has already pass. Working in a small town called Rawang was quite fun at times but mostly bored because of the lack of facilities and entertainment. One thing good is that you get to save lots of money living there. All you have to spend for are just food, water and accommodation. Buying clothes of real cheap because there are no branded shops around but stalls in pasar malams. I saw many modified cars too where people can't spend their money anywhere but to enhance their car's abilities. If you wana watch a movie, Sorry! No cinemas available but pirated DVDs are everywhere. Therefore, a whole family of 4 to 6 members can watch the movie just for RM8 /10 unlike in KL, a nice blockbuster film cost RM 60 for six person.
(Once again to describe the style of living in Rawang)

Luckily I manage to make some minor updates while going online at CC or my uncle's PC. That is to make sure my friends can be able to keep track on what am I doing. Today in this post, I'm able to show some pictures of my working place and the people I had worked with.

Lets start with the building of my uncle's factory;

This picture is taken by a paranomic view function from my W810i. Its too long.....
My department its at the left where you see the fork lift is parked. The van is to fetch the Myanmar workers to work and also to deliver medium size furnitures or a large amount of small items. Every department of the factory are well organized and successfully led by my uncles and aunties. Its a family business, so most of the managerial post are held by my relatives. The whole factory consists of +-80 workers including those in the office upstairs.

Now, to my main department where I select and pick the stocks according to the purchase order.

2 levels of stocks! The 2 desks out here are use for packaging. See the box, its ready to go out! Our products includes of soft toys, decoration items, furnitures, fragrances and many more.


If I stand at the entrance to the racks full of stocks, this is what the end looks like. In the middle is the staircase leading up to the next level. There are only 3 workers in the stock take department including me. With me gone, I think they are going to have hard times just like before :P

This is the Time Keeper:

We all hate this machine! But everyone needs this machine in order to get their pays.
Work start: 8.30 am
Lunch break: 1 pm - 2 pm
Work ends: 5.30 pm
Over Time : 5.30 pm onwards till 8 pm
Late for 1 min, minus 1/2 hour pay. Absent without reason, no pay! Over Time must be every full 1/2 hour. Oh! all these are getting on my nerves.

Oh, my lovely clean toilet! Its only used by the family members and its written "BOSS ONLY" at the door.



After a tour at the Factory, here is where I sleep.

Indeed a peaceful night sleep every nite!
(Joshua and Jon feels me deep deep!)

The Living Room.

Oh! thanks to this TV (no Astro), I am able to keep myself entertained. I learned to watch Taiwan shows and drama such as Jo's all time favorite, "Guess Guess Guess". Besides that, they also have news and English Dramas.

The car.. Toyota Avanza that belongs to Grandma.
I'm able to drive around Rawang and once in a blue moon to Klang Valley is thanks to this car. Or else, boredom!!! I've experienced that before when grandma went to Penang for 4 days!


To be continued tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home